Tuesday, September 25, 2007

So, I was cleaning up my bookmarks and...

So, I was cleaning up my bookmarks and I saw this old dusty page which I hadn't been to in a while. I clicked on it only to find that it was an online blog which I had been doing in the past. Well, I thought to myself, I've gone this far as to open the page I might as well type something. So, here I am. I think it has been two weeks since my last post. I'll have to remember what I wrote in the pat as to make sure I don't repeat myself time and time again.

Well, to be honest, the reason I have not written much in the past little while is because not much has happened. School has started and with it we finally have found a rhythm to our lives again. Although things are still a little chaotic, having a constant schedule now makes it nice. I know on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, I am up at seven thirty to head off to Shima high school. There I teach a total of seven classes a week, mostly made up of whatever content I choose. It is nice to have the flexibility but, with little or no help from the teachers am not quite sure on what level I should be basing the lessons. Tuesdays and Fridays are up at seven to get ready and head to the train station to get to the city to catch my boat. I teach nine classes there in a week and thankfully, it is the teachers who do all the preparation at that school. I sometimes think I teach more than a real teacher.

Two weeks ago this Wednesday, I decided to play a little rugby with the team after school; First and probably only time I will do that. About fifteen minutes into it, I tackled a kid and in the process scraped up both my legs and tore off all the skin on my left knee. Guesstimating about four inches across, two high. As soon as the adrenalin wore off, I was in a world of hurt. I knew I was in trouble when I saw the blood trickling down from under my shorts but, that is what I have been dealing with for the past little while. It was a big scab for a while (I tried not to bend my knee) and now about a one-by-one scab is all that is left. It still hurts and bleeds and I constantly wipe pus from it. More than you wanted to hear... I know. Anyways, that also adds to me not writing.

Tonight the other teacher Shelley and I are teaching an adult English Conversation class at the community center. Last time they told us that they wanted to read some articles, play some games and have discussions so today hopefully that is what we will do. Shelley and I have had no conversation about this lesson except in a brief e-mail and only hope with the two of our spontaneity we can kill two hours of time.

Today also, I had a day off so Ayumi and I went and did three hours of Karaoke. It was a fast three hours. Super fun though! All the ice cream and soda you could want. I love it here!

No comments: