Thursday, November 8, 2007

Tennis

I think I have mentioned it a time or two in this blog but, monthly I teach an adult English class at the local community center with Shelley, the other JET here in Isobe. These members get together every Wednesday at a city run sports park and play tennis, and from what I hear have been doing it for a few years. Well, I was invited to attend with them a few weeks ago and being constantly sick was always unable to make it. Although I still have a bit of a scratchy throat, cough and a stuffy nose, last night I went along, which I regret to say is probably the first decent bit of exercise I have gotten since coming here.

The event went from seven-thirty through nine-thirty and in spite of being a bit chilly went quite well. I didn't have any cold weather exercise clothes so I wore some sporty pajamas and I don't think anyone knew. Tennis was rather fun and having only played a hand full of times in my life did pretty good. I warned everyone before starting that I was really inexperienced but, was able to catch on quickly. I think a lot of it had to do with all the Wii tennis matches against dad and my brothers. It was a fun time and I think I will go again.

No comments: