Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wednesday Night

So, I thought I was off to a great start with those two entries, and then logging on today to write a little something I find that it has been a week since I last wrote. Anyways, New Years has come and gone and come to think of it, right now is the first time that I think I have written the numbers 2008. What is weird is that I can remember it turning 1990 and thinking to myself, "Wow, only ten more years until 2000", that was 18 years ago. I can remember New Years 1998 being at my good friend Joey's house and playing Prince's 1999 on his Jukebox... actually, I don't know if I remember that or not and am just thinking it happened. Anyways, time flies.

So here we are back in Shima. Ayumi is off at work tonight leaving me alone and instead of coming home to an empty house (which indoubtadbly happens anyway) I decided to hang around school a bit longer and go watch some of the school clubs practicing. After that got old, and I got cold, I decided to head home. I got home around five and after checking my e-mail decided to go jogging and look for the local gym. I got my running clothes on and headed out. I had been to the gym once on my own (I have been driven there a few times for tennis) and that one time was in the day, on my bike and was the difficult, straight up hill route. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I found that the gym had a back entrance which a less threatning road lead up to. Finding that road, and ultimatley the gym was my goal. Well, I took off and fifteen minutes later I arrived, sweat soaked and probally pretty stinky. All it costs to use the exercise facilities here is about a dollar. There were a few nice guys that I chatted with for a while and the gave me some pointers on how to use the machines thay had. Well, I ran home and am determined to try and be a little more fit this year so, lets see what happens.

No comments: