Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Spring Day

Shima High School lays at the end of a block adjacent to the Jr. Highschool, of which is located next to the elementary school. I don't know if clustering school buildings together like this is customary or not in Japan but all three of them are at the top of a semi-large hill. As a result, every day I get to hike this giant walking here. Anyways, here in Japan the main bulk of cleaning is done by the students. There is a full-time custodian here but, he only does the major things like, paintin' where paintin' is needed, fixin' where fixin' is needing and more often than not can be found outside burning weeds with a propaine fueled flame thrower. Well, every day when the adjacent Junior High does its cleaning they play loud pop music through the school P.A. system and as I write this post, I am hearing that.

With school having had started one of the changes with occoured with it was the arranging of seats in the teachers office. I went from a lonely at the entrance to a nice seat near the window. Now I can open the window and feel a nice breeze while I bask in the spring sunlight.

Tuesday night we had our English conversation class. The year went from May through March with a two month break between March-May. We have had about 15 regular students who come on and off but, this past Tuesday we had 17 new students! That doubled the number of people coming to the class. I think someone has been spreading mistaken publicity about our classes. It should be fun, and I am looking forward to teaching it but, a little overwhelmed by the numbers. Oh well!

1 comment:

gg said...

yeah, keep them coming..... A NEW UPDATE!!!