Friday, August 10, 2007

An Inconvenient Truth








Ok, ok... since my last blog my mailbox and phone lines have been crowded with comments from a few of my readers regarding the comment I attributed to my mom the other day. For those who don't remember, I quoted my mom to often saying something along the lines of "Beggars can't be choosers, and you son are a loser". I must apologize and say the rude quote I attributed to my mother was a pernicious lie. I'll take this opportunity to let you all know that I am an alcoholic and have decided to enroll myself into a substance abuse clinic with ongoing psychological treatment for the next twenty four months. I apologize to my friends, my family, my fans and most importantly... my mother for the pain this pretentious lie may have caused. I pray for your ongoing support.

Ok, that was a joke. I'm no alcoholic nor do I need ongoing psychological evaluations however, the bit about my mother was a lie. Is it just me or in Hollywood does it seem that every time a celebrity is caught doing something bad he attributes it to being an alcoholic and that he plans on enrolling himself into some sort of program. Ha ha ha... Probally not as funny as I think it is anyways, sorry mum.

So, we are in Gifu tonight to spend the weekend with her parents. This weekend is a Japanese holiday called obon where it is believed that Japanese spirits return to their families for one reason or another; then something along the lines of the Japanese praying to and then dancing with their ancestors. I don't know but, I remember having fun doing the dance years ago. Looking forward to that... and buying furniture which I regret to say, is probably the main purpose of the visit. There is just something nice about having a chair you can sit in in one's home. We've been prone to sit on the floor for the past week. Anyways, first time in four years I've seen the folks-in-law so, this is fun.

I've got a few pictures of the shrine we went to the other day. It's getting late and so I think I am going to turn in. Night all.

No comments: