Thursday, June 21, 2007

When all is said and done, at least the kitchen is clean!

In the unlikely event that someone reading this blog wants to buy an almost new slightly used microwave oven I'd go as far as to boast that you won't find a cleaner one than the one we have in our here kitchen. And you know what..? Its for sale! We've been spending the morning cleaning up the surfaces around the kitchen. After reading a few posts on the Internet on how to clean out a microwave I decided to try a few. First I put a teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of water and microwaved it expecting to find some magical results. Whoever posted that message claimed that after 30-45 seconds, the food would just wipe away. Not the case. Mostly smeared but, defiantly better than just warm water. Next I mixed two cups of water with half cup of vinegar and heated it for five minutes in the microwave. Apparently the concoction is suppose to make a little sauna in your microwave and clean while it deodorizes and moistens up the walls for easy removal. The buzzer rings, I burn myself of the scalding water and wipe the walls. Worked pretty good too. Long story short, in the end I used a Mr. Clean magic wipe and got the place looking pretty good. (Speaking of Mr. Clean, as a kid I always remember Mr. Clean looking like an Arabian Genie. Now he looks more like a creepy, white jail-bird. Am I wrong?)

Yesterday, I managed to get the contents of my two bags both each under 50 pounds, as any traveler would know not an easy task to do. I can pay an additional $25.00 per bag at the airport to get the weight limit up to 70 lbs per bag but, don't have the room to do so.

So, to my diligent reader out there... Have I captured your heart yet? I promise as soon as I get to Japan, this blog will probably get a bit more exciting.

No comments: