Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Wake Before the Storm


So, I started my exercise plan tonight. What did I do you ask? Well, I got online and printed out a free two week guest membership to Bally's Total Fitness (that's better than I had planned). At least it seems free. I am sure that the first time I get there, along with every other consecutive visit I'll have to dodge their sales-people and tell them that I am indeed not interested in joining. My scapegoat will be that I want to check other gyms and see what they have to offer. If the pressure gets too hot, I pull my emergency parachute and tell them I'm leaving the country in a few weeks (like I'm sure they've never heard that one before.) Says here that I need to "take club tour and presentation, and sign guest release to redeem pass". I have always had a hard time saying no but, this time my chiseled pecks will thank me.

The plan for the rest of the night is to read a book I borrowed from my dad's office Men's Health Training Guide 2006 (don't worry, you'll get it back) and figure out exactly what I'll be doing tomorrow. Regarding my fitness, I've always relied on running as my fall-back-on but since my knee is out of whack I've got to do something else... its not like I ran anyways when my knee was good but, knowing I can't do it hasn't helped much. My biggest fear of working out (and this will apply for tomorrow) is because I don't know how to lift weights, in fear of looking like a total noob (computer lingo for a beginner) I've never liked lifting weights. I pray I do better tomorrow.

Here is my checklist for the next month:
-Get in shape
-Get tan
-Read the new Harry Potter

Pretty sad isn't it...

No comments: