Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Slight Case of Insomnia

Over the past few weeks I think I've developed a mild case of insomnia. I jump into bed around midnight and it seems that I toss and turn until around 2:30-3:00 before I finally doze off. The culprit..? I'm thinking its anxiety. The other day finding myself still awake and in bed at 3:30, I figured it would be easier to just get up and start with the day. I went over to the computer and played a game for an hour then around quarter to five, decided to go running in preperation to the local 5k on the 4th of July. The past few months I've been suffering from Iliotibial Band Syndrome (weak hip muscle putting strain on my knee) which makes running next to impossible. I thought I was cured but, about ten minutes into my run found out that it was indeed not the case. Well, I hobbled the rest of my route and waved the goal of running the 5k this year goodbye. The good news: sure enough come 11:00 pm, was ready for bed (and think I slept through the rest of the night). I figure if I can wake up early and exercise every day, maybe I can just beat this insomnia... easier said than done. With lack of motivation and an ever throbbing right knee I've still only made it out that one time.

Today and yesterday, Ayumi has been trying to fit all the stuff she is planning on taking with her to Japan into two big red suitcases which we had. I decided to give this a shot this morning with the two bags I intend on taking. While I watched the movie Airplane I tried to pack all my junk only to find that I need a larger suitcase or take less garbage. Now its getting to the point where we are forced to divide the necessities from the luxuries. It breaks my heart to see all the Ikea stuff which isn't making the cut. I guess when push comes to shove 2 years worth of underwear takes priority over a nifty swiss pen case.

No comments: