Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Series of Unfortunate Events


This evening, whilst I was turning off the sprinkler outside I looked yonder over my right shoulder to see sitting upon the eave of the shed, a small owl. My first impression was to duck (in fear it was going to swoop down at me and take my eyeballs) but, after I realized he was more interested in turning his head the full 360 degrees than attempt to blind an albino I was put at ease. I called Ayumi who brought the camera and we snagged these pictures before it was chased into a tree by a smaller, and very annoying bird. Look at those photos, quality comparable with those of a sketchy Bigfoot shot. In all honesty, it was the highlight of my day. Not that owls are cool but, its been a rather uneventful day.

You know how some mornings you wake up and just don't feel like doing anything all day? Now I know, you may be thinking to yourself, "Silly AJ, you don't do anything all day." Well, take a guy who does nothing all day and then add on top of that the feeling of not wanting to do anything and you've got a pretty lazy guy. Here I am at 9:50 p.m. feeling like I've wasted the complete afternoon. To make it worse, my wife had a list of things that needed to be done and I scarcely lifted a finger. That's all going to change next week.

I've got four weeks left. My goal, join four separate gyms using various 7-day "guest passes". I've already downloaded and printed out my 24 Hour Fitness pass for next week... the week after? Bally's, then Golds, then Exel. If the gym won't comply, I'll just take my business elsewhere! My abs are going to be so solid come Japan that we won't even need to buy a laundry machine... they didn't call me the washboard in high school for nothing!

No comments: