Tuesday, June 19, 2007

T-Minus 38 days.

Following my mothers admonition, I have decided to document my life for the next little while. For those who don't know... (and if you don't know, I don't know how you have stumbled upon this gem of a website) I am headed to Japan at the end of July (thus the 38 day countdown) to live/work for the next couple of years with my wife... who happens to be Japanese. The program I am participating in is called the Jet Program and pretty much, I am going there to help teach English at Japanese high schools as a Japanese government employee. Its a one year contract that can be renewed up to four times and at the moment, we're feeling maybe 2-3 years (but, we'll see once we've tested the waters a little bit). The state I am heading to is called Mie however, as of now I still don't know the specific city. We're both excited but the past couple of weeks the days have been busy going through our stuff and trying to decide which is worth hanging onto and which we just want to get rid of. So far, we've compacted an apartment full of furniture and junk, into about half a dozen boxes we plan on hanging onto for future use, the rest..? To be given away to charity or sold at a yard sale. We're both excited, Ayumi is going to be taking off a few weeks before me to find us an apartment and look for a job (we only hope we know where we're going before she gets there). Now, in all honesty I can't imagine anything exciting being posted on this website at least until I get over there but, I'll do my best to keep those who occasionally look at this entertained and excited.

Here is a link about the Jet Program:
http://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/JETProgram/homepage.html

2 comments:

yomomma said...

I for one must say that I find your posts informative and insightful. Your quick wit and clever usage of the written word excite and compel me to want to read your next post and the next and next....

yomomma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.