Monday, July 30, 2007

48 hours later...


So, here I am in Japan. I must say it was a painful, long, boring commute but, I am here and I am jet lag... maybe? I really hate flying. Its not because I am afraid the plane is going to blow up or terrorists or anything but, its the fact that you must sit there for hours on end with nothing to do. My teeth start to hurt, my fingers get swollen and my fingernails get shiny (call me weird but, they do). To make things worse, occasionally the smell of a really bad fart will float through the cabin. Confined to my seat, I look through the crowd and think to myself, "which of you fools can't hold their farts like the rest of us?" And we all know how stinky airplane farts can get. Enough of that.

Well, we were greeted in Tokyo with a thunderstorm and rain. Quite impressive to see the landscape of this city against the backdrop of a killer rainstorm. Too bad I have to camera. Well, today was orientation. Boring speech after boring speech. On top of that I was way sleepy. Well, we learned about the program, teaching English then got to meet the rest of the people. So far I know I am working with Americans, British, Irish and New Zealand. A cornucopia of accents. I am sure Ayumi will be excited to hear them all speak. I was able to meet our good friend Ayumu who has been living here for the past six months checking translations. He and I went to this ramen shop called "Musashi" named after a famous Japanese samurai... I think. After that came back to the hotel where I met my fellow Mie Jets to go and get some drinks. I not a drinker ordered two cola drinks while the rest of the crew slowly got drunk off beers. At the end I got my tab and ended up paying for two glasses of coke, roughly $14.70. Yikes. I'll never go drinking again.

No comments: