Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tursdae


I had a nice night going shopping and to dinner with my mom tonight. We took a trip to a local Chinese restaurant and then to the mall. Although I've never considered conversation a strong point of mine, I had a nice time. It was the first time in a long, long time that it was just she and I. I'll miss her but, its good to know that she'll always be my mom.

Today I'd like to think I got a lot done in terms of cleaning. There is a lot of work to do but, little by little I'm getting it done. Ayumi and I bought a sofa at a thrift store five years ago which was in really good condition when we picked it up. I can't imagine it was at the store for more than half an afternoon (because for $30.00 anyone would be a fool to have not taken it). We bought a nice couch cover for it and Ayumi made some cushions and we've been using it ever since. Before we bought the cover, we thought it would be easy reupholstering it by ourselves (with fabric we had bought) and after getting half the bottom off decided to abort that idea and just buy a slip. Well, the bottom was always half hanging out and we've been able to just tuck it under the couch but, I figure if we are going to try and sell it I better fix what I had undone. Well, I nailed it back into place and washed the cover. Whoever walks home with that sofa is one dang lucky person. It was a cute couch (thanks to Ayumi).

I never thought cleaning a house you were moving from would be so hard. My style of cleaning has always been classified as "taking stuff from one room and just hiding it in another". Whether or not that is true, knowing I can't conveniently stash one item inside something else is not easy. One plus I have though is I've basically got three piles. Stuff I want to sell, stuff to take to Japan and, stuff to store at mom's house. I can just imagine when this Japan expedition is over and Ayumi and I are sorting through all this saved junk we'll both wonder why we decided to keep a lot of this junk.

No comments: