Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Spoiler Free

So, I finished reading Harry Potter and it was awesome. Since the book came out (and a few days before) I was so paranoid to have the ending spoiled that I abstained from watching the tv and using the internet. A few days before the book was released, apparently while mom was using youtube somehow she unintentionally ran into a spoiler (which I am told was the last paragraph of the book). Well, after finishing the book I jumped online (at least onto youtube) to see if I could find a spoiler and, although there were many posted, none of them were correct. Now for those reading the book I would still advise staying away from media to avoid the chance of having it spoiled but, on the upside, I didn't find any spoilers. (I honestly didn't look too hard after being sidetracked by something else).

Yesterday night I had an appointment with a doctor to get a mole removed from my leg. Last July (2006) Ayumi went back to Japan and it was during this time that I went in for a physical during which a mole was removed to be checked for cancer. Well, the mole turned out to be cancer free, I grew a less-than-attractive scar and then a few weeks later, the mole returned, surrounding the newly formed scar. Well, on sunday I asked this doctor about it and he agreed to look at it. Well, yesterday I went in and had it removed once again. I'm told that usually re-appearing moles isn't a good thing so, this mole is being sent back to the lab for yet another biopsy to be done. Well, I've been told to take it easy and in spite of my carefulness, I've got a blood splotch seeping through my bandage. I can't imagine its a good thing in less than 24 hours. Well, I've got an appointment with him again Thursday (the night before I leave) to make sure everything on the stitch is doing well. Well, to make things worse, I can't get this thing wet so, it looks like its sponge baths for me until I get to Shima.

So, I've got three days left until departure. A few days after Ayumi left I started a countdown on my google desktop. I can remember seeing it cycle through the twenties, teens, and now its down to three days. Where has the time gone? To make things worse, I've got a lot more to do than I probably should at this point in the game (need to get an international drivers license, finish packing, get gifts for the people in Japan, etc) all with a gashing wound on my leg. Well, the wound was stitched very well and carefully.

It hit me for the first time last night that I am leaving in three days. Leaving for a long while. I just hope I settle all my affairs here so I don't get to Japan with regrets... not that I have any.

Good news; I got a haircut yesterday. And I look quite dapper if I may say so. Oh yes, an update on the working out. I can honestly say, I did a good job. Monday-Saturday (about 95% attendance) we went diligently. I would usually return later in the afternoon to go run on the treadmill for 30 minutes, then bike for 30 minutes. I wish I had known my starting weight but, I'm thinking it was around 159. Now I weigh 154 and actually think I put on a little bit of muscle. The downside is having just had surgery, I can't work this leg until the stitches are out which means, no running, no biking, no lower body workouts. I just hope in the next week before I meet Ayumi I don't gain back the five pounds. I plan on keeping this up once I get over there.

From what Ayumi has told me, it sounds like the school is expecting me to work on Wednesday (the day I arrive). I just hope I can stay awake. There is a lot to do once I get there. Ayumi has been buying essentials like beds, a fridge, dining wear, utensils etc. but, tells me that there is still a lot that we need to get. From what I'm told, we don't have any curtains but, living on the fourth floor of the only tall building in the city, we may be all right.

1 comment:

Alma Allred said...

Dear A.J.,
I really like your blog entries and Ayumi's, too. Keep up the good work and you won't feel so far away. I will miss you both. It feels like all of my favorite kids are leaving home. Best of luck and we will pray for you. Lots of Love, Aunt Robyn