Saturday, July 7, 2007

Photos of Shima, a sunburn and a hurt head


We're back from the reunion. I really had a great time. There is a quote I once heard that mentions something about true friendship is being able to sit with your friend, say nothing at all and still feel like you've had the best conversation. That is how I feel with my family; at this reunion. It didn't matter what we did but, just being there was so much fun and you could feel the love everyone has for each other. My family (both sides) is pretty tight-knit.

While up there, thinking I could use a little sun, thought I could endure a little while in the river without any sunscreen. Now I know if Ayumi were there she would have told me to put some on but, never thinking it will go as bad as it always did I ran and played in the sun. We had a great time, floating down the freezing river on about a 100 yard course through shallow water down small eddies and rough rocks. Two hours later I put my shirt on only to find later that night I was in total pain. I realized my mistake had caused my back to burn making me look more like a lobster than myself. To make matters worse it hurts every time I move.

The hurt head comes from me walking into the door frame with my left eyebrow while I was just getting up from a short nap. That smarts! I think I may have a lump tomorrow. I'm falling apart without Ayumi.

No comments: